Senior SEO Executive
Scott Dunn is an award-winning luxury tour operator creating tailor-made holidays to destinations all over the world. With offices in the UK, US and Singapore, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding service to all our guests from the moment they begin their research online, right the way through to post-holiday evaluations.
We are looking for an action-oriented SEO Executive who is devoted to making Scott Dunn best-in-class in the travel industry. You will be responsible for all aspects of SEO across Scott Dunn, including growing this key marketing channel in our core markets – the UK, US and Singapore. We are after someone who will revolutionise our SEO and work with a bias to action to deliver on aggressive KPIs.
The position reports to the Senior Performance Marketing Manager based in Putney, London.
- Experienced at building and driving SEO strategy across a global brand, with proven experience in outcomes-based in data and campaign goals to measure the impact of your work.
- You will have a proven strong technical SEO knowledge, not relying on third-party audits to find our technical issues.
- You will use industry best-in-class tools (SEO Monitor, Sistrix, Ahrefs, Google Search Console) and understand these tools and how they will aid the business.
- You will build and be responsible for a global SEO forecast and be responsible for not only building this but having a clear strategy and data points to measure the impact changes you make.
- You will be holistic in your approach – knowing SEO in 2021is not a one trick pony but about merging analytics, content strategy, outreach to PR but also influencers and be cross-functional in nature – having an eye on how other channels can help you but how you can help them. You know company-wide collaboration is essential to making SEO work.
- You’re as comfortable talking to the CEO of the company on results as you are explaining to the newest member of staff why SEO is important and how they can help. You can dial up (or down) your SEO talk as needed depending on the audience.
- You’re extremely comfortable being a self-starter and have proven experience in this.
- You will report on a weekly and monthly basis on SEO performance. You will be able to suggest tactics and initiatives to address changes in performance as also telling the story on what is going on with data about what’s working and what’s not.
- You will move fast, think fast and have a bias to action. You will have an iterative approach to work, not looking for perfect out the gate. You will be able to multitask easily, and context switch.
- You will be a strong communicator and collaborator.
- You will obviously have a passion for SEO and be curious and at the forefront as the digital industry evolves, ensuring your knowledge is never out of date.
- You have proven SEO experience ideally in either travel or eCommerce and have demonstrated success in implementing innovative and successful SEO changes.
- You will have worked in a business with international websites, ideally the US, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- You should have strong knowledge of technical SEO, usability and content-related aspects of a website and how this impacts natural search visibility, specifically: HTML, CSS, JS and how it impacts SEO; On-page SEO elements; Mobile SEO – mobile web.
- Deep understanding of how the web and Google work (you have a strong sense of what happens when someone presses enter in their browser from a technical perspective)
- Organic/natural search algorithm principles and latest market developments.
- Experience working with a variety of different technical and business intelligence SEO tools
- Ideally, you have experience in a fast-growth, engineering-driven company, where you’ve worked collaboratively and effectively with a variety of different teams (including project managers, developers, designers, digital marketers) to create technical solutions/specifications and conduct quality assurance on all changes.
- You are self-motivated and work best under directional support and not hand-holding.
- Be a strong critical thinker and resourceful problem solver, coupled with taking a data-driven approach.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are adaptable, a fast learner and a good team player.
- You are highly collaborative, fostering strong relationships across all parts of the business and must enjoy learning and sharing knowledge.
- 23 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- ‘Cycle to work’ scheme
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Company loyalty scheme
- Travel insurance
- Loyalty Scheme
- Staff Travel Fund
This role will be office based at our new premises in Hammersmith, for at least 3 days a week to include Tuesdays and Wednesdays.