Sales Manager – Travel
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading luxury Tour Operator in our Sales Management team.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join and lead our Africa sales team. You will be responsible for the development, management and motivation of a team of travel consultants in order to deliver and exceed revenue budgets and service targets for the sales team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about travel and have first hand experience of selling luxury product ideally within the luxury travel industry. Knowledge of luxury Africa destinations and product is advantageous.
You should have previous experience of managing a sales team, including recruitment, sales coaching, training and mentoring, as well as after sales service.
You will also be responsible for promoting guest strategy and assisting the Head of Sales to make continuous improvements.
- Ensure excellent management of the team’s bookings from initial enquiry to return home and next booking
- Team management – recruitment, training, mentoring performance management and administration to maximise their potential and growth within the company
- After sales service – manage guest feedback and encouraging further bookings and loyalty
- Manage and promote our repeat guest strategy within the business
- Assisting the Management Team and Head of Sales and Service to make changes in working practises to aid continuous improvements in sales and service for our guests and implementing this with your team.
- Manage the team’s high standard of service to enquiring guests, new and old, in order to deliver high conversion rates, revenue growth and guest loyalty
- Contribute to the marketing of our holidays to high standards of accuracy & attractiveness – via website, collateral direct guest contact and other channels
- Provide input as required into planning of accommodation and other product areas (ground handlers), to include selection and pricing thereof
- To liaise with Commercial team and Product Managers to ensure that preferred suppliers are prioritised by the sales team, and margins are maximised
- Close liaison with Marketing, Commercial, Loyalty, HR and Product teams to ensure that the Travel Coordination team is working efficiently with these other functions
- Proven Sales management experience
- Proven leadership and coaching qualities
- Recruitment and training of new team members
- Execution of performance management
- Handling out of hours emergencies
- Working within margin guidelines
- Developing incentive and commission schemes
- Progressive and dynamic mindset
We offer very competitive salaries and a great benefits package including the following.
- 23 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- ‘Cycle to work’ scheme
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Company loyalty scheme
- Travel insurance
- Staff Travel Fund
- Daily fresh fruit and breakfast
To apply, please send in your CV, cover letter and travel history.