IT Systems Administrator
A growing and dynamic multi-brand, multi-site, luxury holidays operator with over 350 users across the globe, is looking to recruit a Systems Administrator, based in Chichester.
Reporting to Head of Business technology, the role’s primary responsibility will be to provide first and second line of IT support (and often 3rd) to the company’s users and assist in the installation, configuration, management and support of all software and hardware systems.
The role is hands-on and diverse, so each day is never the same. It often involves project work. We are looking for an aspiring and experienced IT professional with 3-4 solid years of work experience in IT, computing related university graduate with strong interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, creative problem solving, and reliable organizational skills. The role will fit well a supportive and friendly Systems Administrator with excellent communication skills, who has already accumulated some work experience in a support centric/network administrator role and is looking for its next role to grow their technical skillset, with an established though dynamic company with impressive business growth and future prospects.
You will be working as part of a team of five IT professionals and nine developers based between our UK and global offices. You will be required to travel regularly to our main office in London Putney on business expenses. As is usual in the industry, you will occasionally be required to work out of hours, according to the business needs and the role may include some overseas travel.
The company’s IT network is modern, and it is using the following systems and technologies.
- Advanced Firewalls with several security features. All sites are interconnected via VPN Tunnels.
- Windows 2012 R2/Windows 2016 servers (AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO, DFS)
- Windows 10 Dell workstations in an AD domain environment
- Microsoft Office 365
- Many O365 Applications including SharePoint and Skype for Business
- Mitel/Shoretel VOIP Telephony system
- Web Proxy server, Antispam platform, Antivirus, Remote Access, IIS Servers
- VMware ESXi 6
- SQL Server 2012 R2/2008 R2
- Microsoft Azure Public Cloud
The successful candidate is expected to be skilful in most of the above systems, beyond just basic understanding and familiarisation. This is a key requirement. Training on bespoke systems will be provided. SQL Server knowledge, VMWare, and Azure skillset is not essential. Some VOIP Telephony system experience is desirable.
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously (but able to ask for help when needed!)
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (You will be using the phone extensively)
- Be friendly, supportive and helpful to all internal users
- Ability to assess and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Work as part of a team in demanding situation with the ability to maintain composure and sense of humour!
- Have an attitude of ‘nothing is too much trouble’ and able to show respect to others
We offer very competitive salaries and a great benefits package including the following:
- 23 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- ‘Cycle to work’ scheme
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Company loyalty scheme
- Travel insurance