Locations: Côte d'Azur, Mallorca
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a summer resort as a Second Chef based in one of our luxury villas. At Scott Dunn we are renowned for our high quality cuisine and the development of our chefs is important in order to develop our future chef talent.
If you are a passionate chef and looking to further your skills this Summer then we would love to hear from you. Working in one of our luxury villas, this is a fantastic chance to create and design new dishes in an exciting environment and really develop your craft whilst working with a Scott Dunn experienced chef.
Within this role, you will hone the cooking skills that you currently have from working in a previous chef or cookery role and will also be responsible for delivering elements of daily service such as lunch to a high and professional standard. This role will also allow regular feedback from both your head chef and your guests, which will provide instant insight into the service that you deliver and enable you to review and develop your chef skills within a private dining environment.
If you have a passion for cooking, enthusiasm to develop these skills and are driven by offering excellent customer service then a role as a second chef within our Summer programme will be perfect for you.
- Ensure that all our guests benefit from the highest possible level of Scott Dunn service
- Work closely with the head chef
- Assist with menu design and planning
- Assist the villa chef with shopping for food and domestic products for your chalet
- Assist with preparing lunch, canapés and cooking a 4 or 5 course dinner with cheese (6 days per week)
- Assist with preparing and serving children’s dinner if and when appropriate
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Ensure that your chalet and kitchen is always clean and tidy
- Help with budgeting in your chalet and provide weekly accounts
- Clear rubbish and collect bottles from the chalet daily
- Work in other chalets/resorts if requested to do so by your resort manager
- Basic NVQ qualification (NVQ 1-2)
- Basic short cooking course
- Desire to develop your professional cooking experience
- Available for the whole season – May to end of September/early October
- UK/EU passport
Please note, a cook test assessment in London may form part of the recruitment process.
- Work experience in Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous summer/ski seasons and luxury travel companies
- Previous hospitality or customer service experience
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, Scott Dunn offers a very attractive remuneration package. All of our team members are offered:
- A competitive salary
- Live out accommodation
- Full area lift pass
- Medical cover
- Return travel
- Stylish uniform
- Comprehensive training course
- All food on working days
- Career progression with summer opportunities in our Ski programme
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK working visas.