Deputy Children’s Club Manager
Locations: Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Portugal
This role is the perfect opportunity for senior childcare professionals who wish to progress in the job they love, in a stunning environment, with a growing company. You will be supporting the Children’s Club Manager in organising and running the childcare operation in resort. It will be your responsibility to ensure children are cared for in a safe environment, that an exciting and engaging programme of activities are delivered to all age groups and that the club is run to exceptionally high standards. You will be working within a professional childcare team in order to provide the very best experience for the children. From the moment the children arrive in the club you will ensure they have the holiday of a lifetime experiencing new activities and letting their imaginations run wild.
Our team are flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the children have a fun-filled and enjoyable time, which is what keeps families coming back to us year after year. The resorts may have incredible facilities for children but it is our team that really counts and makes the difference.
In your spare time you will be exploring hidden beaches, seeking out unspoilt villages and enjoying the local delicacies and culture. If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that enables you to live in some of Europe’s most desirable coastal locations and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you.
- Ensure that our guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare.
- Assist the manager in organising/managing the club for children aged 4 months to 11 years.
- Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for children.
- Work in ratio during the season.
- Support the delivery of the Crew programme.
- Supervise and manage the childcare team in the manager’s absence.
- Drive as required, including driving the children around the area in a safe and responsible manner.
- Plan appropriate menus and produce nutritious meals for children planned on a rota system.
- Assist in co-ordinating and implementing a range of activities both indoors and outdoors including evening entertainment in peak weeks.
- Liaise with the UK office.
- Communicate with the parents at the end of the day regarding their child’s wellbeing.
- Provide motivation & support for the team.
Abilities and expectations
- An attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’.
- A degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parents needs and wishes.
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills.
- Good numeric, administrative and organisational skills.
- Good computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Organised and pro-active.
- Good self-motivation.
- A very keen eye for detail.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Outgoing and fun.
- Managerial/senior experience
- Previous experience in a childcare role
- Excellent English (both spoken and written).
- Strong swimmer.
- Available for the whole season.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- UK/EU passport.
- Passion for working with children.
- Team player.
- Outgoing nature.
- Professional manner.
- Positive attitude.
Package and Benefits
In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, Scott Dunn offers a very attractive remuneration package. All of our team members are offered:
- A competitive salary.
- Live out accommodation (Wi-Fi access where possible).
- Full medical insurance (covering you in and out of work).
- Return travel.
- Stylish uniform.
- Comprehensive training course.
- Career progression with opportunities in our winter programme.
- Access to a company vehicle (location specific).
The role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure and barring service check (criminal background check)