This is an incredible opportunity to work in beautiful but remote location, working with a diverse team in a 5* luxury resort in the Maldives. The role will appeal to someone who is keen to travel and experience new cultures. You will be working as part of a team to plan and deliver an exciting programme of activities for children aged between 12 months and 12 years of age in a safe and stimulating environment.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Care for children aged from twelve months to twelve years planning and delivering an engaging and appropriate activity plan.
- Ensure that the guests and their children benefit from the highest possible level of ‘Scott Dunn’ and ‘NIYAMA’ service.
- Support the Kids Club Manager with the preparation and delivery of training.
- Be adept at keeping an efficient and record of plans and routines
- Be confident in dealing with NIYAMA guests
- Liaise with the UK office, Kids Club Manager and NIYAMA staff and work as a team
- Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for children
- Care for children in the Explorers Kids Club between 9:00am and 6:00pm
- Plan and deliver a rage of activities both indoors and outdoors, including evening entertainment in peak weeks
- Provide a nutritious lunch and healthy morning and afternoon snacks
- Ensure the Kids Club is clean and tidy with toys and equipment cleaned and put away at the end of each day
- Communicate with parents at the end of the day and throughout their holiday regarding their child’s wellbeing
- Provide a degree of flexibility whenever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes
- Ensure all daily records, accident and incident forms are completed and filed correctly
- Babysit (including Christmas and New Year’s Eve) if required by the guests (paid in addition to your monthly salary)
Abilities and Expectations
- Love and ability to work with children aged between four months ad thirteen years of age
- Team player
- Good self-motivation
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Organised and pro-active
- Outgoing and fun
Essential Experience and Key Competencies
- Recognised children or teaching qualification
- Previously worked overseas or travelled extensively
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate in Chinese, French or German (desirable)
- Strong swimmer
- Available to commit to a 6-month contract
This role is subject to satisfactory police check, medical and visa application.