Resort: Val d'Isère (France)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work overseas as resort maintenance based within our luxury winter French operation. This position demands a great deal of flexibility and interaction with both guests and colleagues. This role is a varied and physical position which will call for a high level of practical ability, as well as responsibility for and awareness of, the value and importance of our property portfolio both to Scott Dunn and the chalet owners. All of our support teams need to be self-motivated, resourceful, proactive, highly communicative and happy to jump in and help with any situation.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby ‘Nothing is too much trouble’. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- A proactive approach to the maintenance of properties (Chalets and Staff Accommodation) in conjunction with the Resort Management teams and Operations Management.
- To ensure all properties and equipment are maintained to the best possible standards, and any financial risk is minimised by ensuring the effective controls and checks are in place.
- A proactive approach to managing and prioritising maintenance issues as they occur.
- Weekly communication via meetings, a weekly property report and phone calls to ensure transparency of all property related situations, and to ensure all issues have been followed through to their successful completion.
- Ensure that all of our guests and staff benefit from the highest level of ‘Scott Dunn’ service in relation to the smooth running of every property.
- Daily maintenance issues such as plumbing, boilers, electrical, equipment, pools, hot tubs as well as any on-going issues within the chalet portfolio.
- Overseeing the management of our pools and hot tubs to ensure that they are maintained to the correct legal standards and that all paperwork is complete and up to date on a daily basis.
- Effectively troubleshoot unforeseen events and circumstances related to properties and communicate these to the Resort Manager at all times.
- Manage the inventory of SD maintenance equipment in resort, ensuring it is up to date at all times, and everything is successfully signed back to the operations manager at the end of the season
- Be prepared to drive when on duty, taking the appropriate care to ensure safety at all times.
- Support the driver team if required to ensure stock (wine, linen, bread and childcare equipment) deliveries are distributed to each chalet on time and efficiently.
- Assistance with snow and ice clearing when required.
- Support the Logistics Manager as and when required to ensure all vehicles and equipment are managed and looked after with the utmost care including the repair of vehicles.
- Transport any persons or goods as and when required.
Abilities and Expectations
- Trade qualification and/or knowledge – plumbing, carpentry, electrical, building
- To be able to react quickly to issues as they arise and ensure that jobs are seen through to completion with minimum effect on the guest experience
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Safe driver
Essential Experience and Key Competencies
- Full Clean UK/EU Driving Licence
- Previous off-road or ice driving experience (desirable)
- Previous overseas driving experience (desirable)
- Trade background
- Previous customer service experience, previous ski seasons and luxury travel companies are all desirable
- Holder of UK or EU Passport
- Available for the whole season (beginning of November until the beginning of May 2020)
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK working visas.