Resort: Val d'Isère (France)
We are currently fully recruited for winter 2019/20 but are accepting applications for our reserve list.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work overseas as a Housekeeper across our luxurious chalets based within our handpicked European ski resorts. This position will appeal to a strong independent all-rounder that has a passion for cleaning.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby ‘Nothing is too much trouble’. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
• Clean our chalets to the highest standard possible and therefore ensuring all of our guests benefit from the ‘Scott Dunn’ service in chalets of up to 14.
• Keep the chalet bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas thoroughly clean and tidy
• Be responsible for reporting overall basic maintenance within the chalet
• Act as an ambassador for Scott Dunn in resort
• Daily housekeeping across a number of chalets
• Thorough deep clean of chalets on transfer day
• Maintaining the Scott Dunn standards by ensuring high level of housekeeping in the chalets
• Folding and starching napkins
• Creating a warm and friendly environment
• Report any maintenance issues to the Resort Service Manager/Maintenance Manager
• During the season you may be required to take part in additional tasks/duties to ensure that our operation is running efficiently at all times. Tasks may include snow clearing, cleaning and any guest requests. Operational timings may depend on arrivals, departures and any special events.
• You may be required to drive both guests and team members in company vehicles during the season depending on resort (Full Driving licence dependent) and as per the Scott Dunn drivers policy
ABILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Ability to work independently or in a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
• Good self-motivation
• Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
• Professional and can-do attitude
• Excellent time keeping and reliability
• Forward thinking and planning
• Immaculate personal presentation
• Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
• Previous housekeeping experience (essential)
• Previous background in guest relations and ideally experience in waiting and/or housekeeping, silver service is highly desirable
• Work experience in Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous ski season, and luxury travel companies are all desirable
• 2nd Language is desirable – French or German would be preferred
• A Full UK/EU Driving Licence (driving will be required as part of this role)
• Available for the whole season (November until the end of April/early May)
• UK or EU Passport holder
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, Scott Dunn offers a very attractive remuneration package. All of our team members are offered:-
• A competitive salary
• Live out accommodation
• Full area lift pass (winter season only)
• Ski/board equipment hire (winter season only)
• The opportunity to ski in your free time
• Full insurance (covering you in and out of work)
• Return travel from the home country
• Comprehensive training course
• All food while working
• Career progression with summer opportunities in our Mediterranean Villa programme.
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK working visas.