Resort: Val d'Isère (France)
We are currently fully recruited for winter 2019/20 but are accepting applications for our reserve list.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a premier ski resort as a Chalet Host in one of our luxury ski chalets. The position will appeal to a strong, independent all rounder that has a passion for service and enjoys working closely with guests.
You will be working with a professional team in order to provide the best guest experience from the minute your guests arrive until they depart. You must be willing to be flexible, assist others when necessary and be proud to work with Scott Dunn in resort.
- Ensure that all guests benefit from the highest possible level of Scott Dunn service
- Serve tea/coffee in bed, a full breakfast, afternoon tea and children’s tea
- Serve canapés and a four or five course evening meal in a formal dining environment
- Serve Champagne and wine from a selected wine list
- Thoroughly clean and tidy the chalet bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas
- Create a warm and friendly environment
- Daily housekeeping and turndown service
- Resort knowledge – recommend local restaurants, bars and amenities/activities
- During the season you may be required to take part in additional tasks/duties to ensure that the operation is running efficiently at all times (tasks may include snow clearing, cleaning, driving and any guest requests)
Abilities and expectations
- An attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Good self-motivation
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Ability to remain calm, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Forward thinking and planning
- Exceptional personal presentation
- Previous background in guest relations and ideally experience in waiting and/or housekeeping, Silver Service is highly desirable
- Available for the whole season – November until the end of April
- UK/EU passport
- Full UK/EU driving licence
Please note – a training assessment overseas at the start of the season is part of the recruitment process.
- Work experience in Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous ski season and luxury travel companies
- Second language – French or German
Package and benefits
In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, Scott Dunn offers a very attractive remuneration package. All of our team members are offered:
- A competitive salary
- Live out accommodation
- Full area lift pass
- Ski/board equipment hire
- Full insurance (covering you in and out of work)
- Return travel
- Stylish uniform
- Comprehensive training course
- Hosts are provided with all food on working days
- Career progression with summer opportunities in our Mediterranean programme
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK working visas.