Villa Childcare Team Leader
This role is the perfect opportunity for senior childcare professionals who wish to progress in the job they love, in a stunning environment, with a growing company. You will be an integral part of the villa resort team and will be responsible for overseeing and mentoring the Villa Nannies in their roles, and to provide ongoing support and guidance to the Resort Manager. You will also work in the villas as bookings require to ensure children are cared for in a safe environment and you must have the ability to work across all the age groups planning and delivering a varied and engaging activity programme. This is a very autonomous role and it will be up to you to provide the very best experience for the children. From the moment the children arrive in the villa you will ensure they have the holiday of a lifetime experiencing new activities and letting their imaginations run wild. You will also be required to work as a ‘Floating Nanny’, caring for and entertaining children in a safe and hygienic setting.
Our team are flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the children have a fun-filled and enjoyable time, which is what keeps families coming back to us year after year. The villas may be incredible properties but it is our team that really counts and makes the difference.
In your spare time you will be exploring hidden beaches, seeking out unspoilt villages and enjoying the local delicacies and culture. If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that enables you to live in some of Europe’s most desirable coastal locations and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you.
- Ensure that our guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare.
- Work as a private nanny within a villa.
- Keep an efficient and accurate record of plans and routines.
- Plan a weekly childcare meeting alongside the resort manager and lead the meeting as per the agenda.
- Ensure the villa nannies are completing the required childcare paperwork and it is kept up to date.
- Regular spot checks of all villa playrooms.
- Support and advise the Resort Manager on childcare topics as required.
- Organise the resort induction for new or peak villa nannies.
- Help to ensure that inventories of childcare equipment are recorded accurately and are typed up at the end of season.
- Ensure the childcare equipment is well maintained and that villa staff are confident to use each piece of equipment.
- Support and mentor the villa nannies providing advice as required.
- Provide activity ideas to each of the villa nannies.
- Assist in the logistics and planning of weekly transfer day.
- Provide motivation & support for the team.
Abilities and expectations
- An attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’.
- Good self-motivation.
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills.
- Organised and pro-active.
- Outgoing and fun.
- Team player.
- CACHE level three qualified or equivalent recognised childcare qualification.
- At least two years experience.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Strong swimmer.
- Available for the whole season – May to September.
- UK/EU passport.
- UK/ EU bank account.
This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure and barring service check (criminal background check).