Locations: Côte d'Azur, Mallorca
We have a number of private villa chef roles available based in our luxury villas in Mallorca and the South of France.
Our villa chefs are an extremely important part of the service that Scott Dunn offers and this is a great opportunity to run your own kitchen, designing and planning your own menu, managing your budgets and using as much local produce as possible. This is a great experience to move into private chef work.
You will be working within a professional villa team in order to provide the very best experience. Our team are flexible and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our guests have a truly once in a lifetime holiday, which is what keeps them coming back to us year after year. Our villas are beautiful but it is our team that really counts and makes the difference.
In your spare time you will be spending time in some of the most picturesque, world renowned and exciting places and enjoying the local delicacies, culture and activities. This really is a chance to live like a local, try the local cuisine and embrace everything that the country you are situated in has to offer.
If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, enables you to develop and delight your guests with your cooking skills in a private dining environment whilst working alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this villa chef role is the position for you.
- Ensure that all our guests benefit from the highest possible level of Scott Dunn service
- All food and domestic product shopping for your villa
- Menu design and planning
- Maintain your weekly budgets and ensure all accounts are submitted in an efficient and timely manner
- Provide lunch, canapés and four/five course evening meals
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Prepare children’s tea if and when appropriate
- Assist in keeping your villa clean and tidy at all times and creating a warm, friendly environment
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene kitchen standards on a daily basis
- Alongside the rest of the team take responsibility for the villa – this includes cleanliness, maintenance, communication and the overall guest service and experience
Abilities and expectations
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Forward thinking and planning
- Ability to remain calm, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Ability to plan, cook and produce meals to a high standard
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification, cooking school certificate or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Minimum of 1 year working experience with a qualification or 2 years without a qualification
- Full UK/EU driving licence – you will need to drive as part of your role in resort
- Available for the whole season – May until the end of September
- Work experience in Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous ski seasons and luxury travel companies is desirable
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com