Resorts: Val d'Isère / Courchevel 1850 (France), St Anton (Austria)
Our Head drivers are dedicated and highly motivated individuals who manage resort driver/maintenance teams overseas in the Alps. This role is challenging and intensive, yet very rewarding.
While the role is primarily that of overseeing the performance of the driver team and the resort driver service, problem solving, meticulous planning and attention to detail are significant work areas with the ability and willingness to get involved in any aspect of the driver/maintenance operation from guest relations to vehicle maintenance checks, and from checking maintenance standards to stock control are essential.
- Ensure that all our guests benefit from the highest level of “Scott Dunn” service.
- Effectively manage and oversee your resort team, leading by example and holding regular weekly meetings
- Carry out the safe transfer of guests to and from the airport or at any other time.
- Manage and maintain the Scott Dunn vehicles on a daily basis, ensuring that they remain in a clean, tidy and roadworthy state at all times.
- Work as part of a close team, being prepared to help out in any situation.
- Oversee the management of the driver team including training, monitoring, motivation, performance, morale, discipline, uniform & personal presentation.
- Monitor and maintain upkeep of all maintenance issues in regards to Scott Dunn properties and equipment in resort.
- Help with daily maintenance issues such as plumbing, pools, hot tubs, taps, electrical or on-going issues in our chalets
- Complete, accurately and efficiently, all paperwork and administrative duties as and when necessary to ensure effective running of the resort
- Oversee and be involved in snow and ice clearing whenever and wherever required;
- Lead a strong team in providing a daily driver service for guests to the slopes, restaurants, and local amenities safely and efficiently;
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of Scott Dunn vehicles including all legal requirements are present (documents, roadside equipment and in some cases breathalysers)
- Ensure all vehicles and equipment are managed and looked after with the utmost care including repairing of vehicles where possible and in conjunction with the Overseas Manager, France;
- Effectively troubleshoot unforeseen events and circumstances whether related to guests, staff, properties or logistical arrangements
- Daily cleaning of vehicles in resort – we pride ourselves on having the shiniest, most impressive fleet of vehicles in our resorts.
- Effective stock taking and stock distribution planning
- Assistance with ensuring that stock (wine, linen, bread, and childcare equipment) deliveries are distributed to each chalet on time and efficiently on a daily basis;
- Be prepared to drive at all times when on duty, taking the appropriate care to ensure the safety of guests and vehicles at all times;
- Deal with guest and staff problems effectively and efficiently
- Ability to lead a successful, efficient and inspired team
- Safe Driver
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Professional and can-do attitude
- Excellent time keeping and Reliability
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Good practical and mechanical vehicle knowledge and experience
- Full clean UK/EU driving licence
- Available for the whole season (November until the end of April)
- UK or EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK Bank Account
- Trade knowledge – plumbing, carpentry, electrical, building
- Previous Management experience
- Previous off road or ice driving experience
- Previous hospitality, ski seasons, luxury travel or customer service experience
Package and Benefits
- A competitive salary
- Live out accommodation (wi-fi access where possible)
- Full area lift pass (winter season only)
- Ski/board equipment hire (winter season only)
- Full insurance (covering you in and out of work)
- Return travel from the UK
- Comprehensive training course
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK Working Visas.