Guest Relations Manager
Resorts: Val d'Isère / Courchevel 1850 (France)
This a diverse and exciting job role which is predominantly guest facing but also requires some administration duties and to be a point of contact for our UK offices.
You will work closely with the Resort Managers and local Hotel Managers, sharing the responsibility of managing the Scott Dunn standards in all the resorts whilst looking after the Scott Dunn guests. You will be responsible for overseeing the guests’ airport transfers and holiday bookings, and be expected to be in regular contact with all guests throughout their stay including visits and phone calls.
- Ensure that our guests benefit from the highest possible level of Scott Dunn service
- Accurately and efficiently complete all paperwork and administrative duties as and when necessary to ensure effective running of the resort
- Maintain a relationship between the hotels and Scott Dunn so that any issues are promptly dealt with
- Confirm hotel room allocation with the hotel prior to guests’ arrival and check against any specific requests
- Liaise, feedback and communicate problems or guest issues to the Hotel Managers and Resort Manager in the resort
- Plan transfers each week – allocate Scott Dunn vehicles/drivers and/or book taxis/car hire accordingly, discuss car seat requirements with the childcare manager and keep track of taxi transfers so the appropriate payments can be made in the UK
- Deliver welcome packs, kids presents and double check requested cots, highchairs, bed guards etc. are in place along with any other special requests including requested childcare equipment
- Shop for guest requests during their stay if requested
- Assist in making reservations for guests at recommended restaurants and confirm pre-booked reservations prior to guest arrival.
- Greet guests on arrival to ensure they are settled in and are given information on the resort and children’s club/childcare service
- Visit guests throughout the week (on a daily basis) or as requested to solve any issues
- Hold regular meetings with the Resort Manager to discuss feedback, suggestions for improvement and upcoming resort events/activities
- During quieter periods assist the resort management team where possible
- Manage you own accounts such as for welcome packs and guest accessories on a weekly basis
- A Scott Dunn ambassador in resort
Abilities and expectations
- An attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’
- Great guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Very good numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Lead by example
- French fluency language skills – you will be expected to liaise with the local hotels, restaurants, activity providers and local suppliers
- Previous hospitality experience in a guest relations setting
- Previous management experience
- Full, clean driving licence – you will be required to drive within this role
- Computer literate
- UK/EU passport
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK working visas.
Please note: We are now fully recruited for this role and are no longer accepting applications for Winter 2017/18.