Resorts: Val d'Isère / Courchevel 1850 (France), St Anton (Austria)
We have a number of chef jobs available in our winter ski programme in the Alps. This is a fantastic opportunity to work a ski season in a premier resort, cooking in one of our luxury ski chalets.
You will be working within a professional chalet team in order to provide the very best experience. From the moment your guests arrive in their chalet they will be met with delicious cooking smells, smiling faces and a warming atmosphere. Our team are flexible and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our guests have a truly once in a lifetime holiday, which is what keeps them coming back to us year after year. Our chalets are beautiful but it is our team that really counts and makes the difference.
In your spare time you will be skiing in some of the most beautiful, challenging and varied terrain in the world and enjoying the local delicacies and culture. We will provide you with a full area lift pass and your ski equipment so that you can really get the most from your time in the mountains.
If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that enables you to live in the mountains and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you.
Chef careers at Scott Dunn
- Look after our guests to the highest standard possible and ensure they benefit from the Scott Dunn service in chalets of up to 14 guests
- Phone guests prior to arrival in order to discuss the menu plan and dietary requirements
- Create and plan weekly tailor made menus in conjunction with your particular guests’ tastes, dietary requirements and local ingredients – creativity and flexibility is a must!
- All the food and domestic product shopping for your chalet
- Prepare welcome drinks and nibbles for new arrivals
- Prepare full continental and cooked breakfast as well as dishes from the specials menu
- Bake a fresh cake and biscuits for afternoon tea
- Provide children’s dinner if and when appropriate
- Create canapés and a four or five course evening meal with cheese (six days per week)
- Maintain weekly budgets and ensure all accounts are submitted in an efficient and timely manner
- Complete all paperwork for the Scott Dunn hygiene policy on a daily basis
- Ensure that your chalet kitchen is always clean and tidy
- Assist in keeping your chalet clean and tidy at all times and creating a warm and friendly environment for guests
- Work in other chalets or resorts when requested to do so
Abilities and expectations
- An attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’
- Able to plan, cook and produce meals to a high standard
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Good self-motivation
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Forward thinking and planning
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guilds Chef Qualification, Cooking School Certificate or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Minimum of 1 year working experience with a qualification or 2 years without a qualification
- Work experience of Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous ski seasons or luxury travel companies
- A full UK/EU driving licence (desirable)
Please note – a cook test assessment in London will form part of the recruitment process.