After leaving university, my career took me into hotel management, in which I remained for seven years before transferring my skills overseas. After four incredible years working in France as a hotel turned operations manager I wanted to return to the UK in order to develop further and have a permanent base.
Joining Scott Dunn in February 2013 within the HR team has given me the opportunity to satisfy my passion for travel, maintain and develop my skills in managing people and be very much part of the overseas team whilst being based in the UK. I get the best of both worlds, seeing employees really develop within their roles and seasons really gives me a great deal of job satisfaction.
Within my role I head up all of the overseas recruitment and selection, manage the overseas HR policies/practices and support all overseas activity including resort training.
Seasons completed and places skied
Morzine (1 season), Les 3 Vallées (3 seasons), Paradiski, Espace Killy, Megeve, Portes du Soleil, Champagny (France), St. Anton and Lech (Austria)
- Do your research – know about the role and the company you are applying to work with
- Formality of an interview – dress appropriately, arrive on time and address your interviewer appropriately (including within email correspondence)
- Ensure that your CV is well written, to the point and features all of your contact details
- Always include a covering letter – taking the time to construct a really well thought out introduction letter about you really makes an application stand out
- Be enthusiastic – the interview is about you and a chance for you to create a great first impression